A 2˝-hour drive south could land Tampa residents at one of America’s best burger joints, according the review and travel website TripAdvisor.com.
The website released a list of the "10 Most Delectable Burger Joints" in America on Wednesday, placing Naples’ Brooks Gourmet Burgers and Dogs at No. 9.
With unique menu options — such as a burger between two doughnuts — one TripAdvisor reviewer said the restaurant is "one of the best kept secrets in Naples. No question they offer an amazing choice of delicious and juicy burgers. The staff is as wonderful as their food."
The restaurant has 21 different gourmet burger options, according to its website, with prices ranging between $10 and $12. Of the 2,545 reviews for the restaurant on TripAdvisor, 73 percent rated it as excellent, while only 1 percent said it was poor or terrible.
"Offering more than 15 gourmet creations including the "Fig and F.I.N.E" burger paired with buttered onions, fig jam and goat cheese, and the ‘Donut,’ a patty served between two sweet glazed rings, this Sunshine State eatery is anything but ordinary," TripAdvisor’s review read.
The restaurant was founded in 2010 and has three locations, all in Naples.
THE TOP 10
1. Hops Burger Bar – Greensboro, N.C.
2. Black Hills Burger and Bun Co. – Custer, S.D.
3. Nic’s Grill – Oklahoma City, Okla.
4. Billy Bob Dairyland – Branson, Mo.
5. Stock and Barrel – Knoxville, Tenn.
6. Coyote Bluff Café – Amarillo, Texas
7. MELT Gourmet Cheeseburgers – Leesburg, Va.
8. Village Burger – Waimea, Hawaii
9. Brooks Gourmet Burgers and Dogs – Naples
10. MacPhail’s Burgers – Jackson, Wyo.