RESTAURANT TO COLLECT DONATIONS FOR MAKE-A-WISH: Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar locations, including 8537 Little Road, New Port Richey, and 28422 State Road 54, Wesley Chapel, are participating in a fundraiser to support Make-A-Wish Northern Florida and Make-A-Wish Central Florida. Customers will have an opportunity to make a donation during the campaign which ends April 22. Those who make a $5 or larger donation will receive a Make-A-Wish offer card, loaded with three Applebee’s coupons, redeemable for $20 in savings. In addition, donating guests will be recognized with a Make-A-Wish paper star, displayed in the restaurant.
LEADERSHIP PASCO ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS: Leadership Pasco is now accepting applications for the Class of 2019. Emerging and existing community leaders who live or work in Pasco County are invited to apply. The Class of 2019 will be chosen from a competitive pool of applicants interested in learning about the important issues facing Pasco County and committed to utilizing their leadership abilities for its long-term benefit.
Class members participate in full-day program sessions, tours and candid conversations with community leaders to broaden their local understanding of the ever changing needs of Pasco County.
Topics include criminal justice, healthcare, education, government, infrastructure, media and business industries. The class is also responsible for making a positive impact within the community by organizing a class project that brings charitable people and resources together to address a particular social, educational, economic, environmental or cultural need in Pasco County. To apply, visit leadershippasco.com.
Applications are due no later than June 1.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTINGS: The Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have two ribbon-cuttings in the coming week:
• Dairy Queen Ballantrae, 17826 Aprile Drive, Lutz, from 5 to 7 p.m. April 24. The event will include an anniversary celebration.
• Residence Inn Tampa Suncoast Parkway at Northpointe Village, 2101 Northport Parkway, Lutz, from 6 to 8 p.m. April 26. The event is a joint mixer with West Pasco Chamber of Commerce.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTING: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting ceremony for Song Printing & Design, 38514 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills at 5:30 p.m. April 26.
The event includes a relocation celebration and an open house from 4 to 7 p.m. Hors d’oeuvres and refreshments will be served. For information, call (813) 715-2212.
CO.STARTERS: The Pasco Economic Development Council will sponsor the next session of Co.Starters, a national program that helps entrepreneurs turn an idea into a new business in nine weeks, beginning May 17 and running through July 12. The program will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursdays at SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. The cost is $295. The registration deadline is 5 p.m. May 11. To register, visit smartstartpasco.com/costarters. For information, call Becky Martin, (813) 926-0827, ext. 221.
GOLF TOURNAMENT NEEDS SPONSORS AND PLAYERS: The Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its 32nd Annual Golf Tournament on May 18 at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Check-in/registration begins at noon, shotgun start at 1 p.m.
Tickets are $70 per player/$260 for team of four, and include green fees, golf cart, range balls, barbecue awards dinner, hole in one and putting contests, raffles and prizes. Sponsorship opportunities include: Eagle, $2,000; Closest to the Pin or Longest Drive, $1,000; Hole in One, $750; Hole sponsor, $100. For information or to register, visit centralpascochamber.com/.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 26, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 1, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 9 to 9:45 a.m. May 8, Florida Department of Revenue, 2127 Grand Blvd., Suite 150, Holiday.
• Branding and Credibility through Digital Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 8, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Results Based Marketing for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 8, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Learn How to Start a New Business Successfully, 5 to 6:45 p.m. May 8, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
To register or to get more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
If you have business announcements you would like to share, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Pasco Times, 11321 U.S. 19, Port Richey, FL 34668. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Submitted items may be edited for length and clarity. Photos are published as space permits; they will not be returned. Call (352) 848-1438.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Tony Nalli at (727) 858-7907.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Anita at (727) 863-2126.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef’O’Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Myrtle at (727) 934-9993.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• Hispanic Business Leaders: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at the White Room Bar & Lounge, 6472 Land O’ Lakes Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The event is free and includes free refreshments, drink specials, Latin music and relaxed networking. For information, call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• West Pasco Business Association Monday Chapter: 11:45 a.m. Mondays, Brass Tap - Trinity, 10700 State Road 54, Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• West Pasco Business Association Tuesday Chapter: 5:15 p.m. Tuesdays at the Stadium restaurant and bar, 2349 Seven Springs Blvd., Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• West Pasco Business Association Friday Chapter: 8:15 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email [email protected]
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Denny’s, 12105 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Pete Petrignani at (727) 967-3106.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Pebble Creek Country Club, 10550 Regents Park Dr., Tampa. Cost is $15 for members in advance, $18 for guests and at the door. Call Judy at (813) 600-9848.