BECOME A SCORE VOLUNTEER: Residents are invited to put their business knowledge and skills to work in the community by becoming a Pasco Hernando SCORE volunteer. SCORE is dedicated to entrepreneur education and the success of small business. SCORE volunteers provide confidential business mentoring services, both in person and online. Whether someone has owned a small business, worked at a Fortune 500 company, is retired or currently employed, their business experience is needed to help small business owners succeed. For information, email [email protected]
DOCTOR JOINS HOSPITAL’S MEDICAL STAFF: Dr. Richard Chlouber recently joined the medical staff of Oak Hill Hospital in Spring Hill. Dr. Chlouber is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology. He practices at Suncoast OB/GYN and All Women’s Midwifery, 4003 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill.
PROMOTION: Registered nurse Robert Linares was recently promoted to vice president of cardiovascular services and critical care at Oak Hill Hospital in Spring Hill. Previously, Linares served as administrative director of clinical operations with oversight of the various nursing units. He has worked in the HCA system for nearly 13 years.
CHAMBER TRAINING COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce Training Committee will meet at 8 a.m. March 27 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. For information, call (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP MEETING: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly membership meeting at 7:15 a.m. March 28 at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, south of Brooksville. The breakfast will be sponsored by A Civil Design Group. Guest speaker will be Rich Massa with Habitat for Humanity. The prepayment cost with breakfast is $15 online; $20 at the door. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com/events. For information, call (352) 796-0697.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTING: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting at Family Chiropractic Center for Wellness, 3155 Aerial Way, south of Brooksville at noon March 29. Call Laura Ellingham, (352) 340-5936.
CONSTRUCTION CAREERS FAIR: OnBoard4Jobs will host a Construction Careers Fair from 1 to 4 p.m. April 5 at Hernando County Department of Transportation’s Operations Center, 16411 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Entry level and experienced workers will be hired for the Suncoast Parkway Project and other active road and bridge construction projects in the region. Must be 18-years-old or older. Bring resumes. The deadline to register is March 28. To register, visit OnBoard4Jobs.com. For information, call (866) 662-6273, ext. 3.
JOB AND INTERNSHIP FAIR: Employers looking for qualified employees are invited to register to participate in the CareerSouce Pasco Hernando Job and Internship Fair from 9 a.m. to noon April 5 at Pasco-Hernando State College’s Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court, Spring Hill. To register, call Steve Wilson at (352) 200-3027. For information, email [email protected]
TAP FOR A CAUSE BENEFITS ARC NATURE COAST: Marker 48 Brewing, 12147 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill, will have a Tap for a Cause fundraiser from noon to midnight April 27 to benefit the Arc Nature Coast. During the event, the Arc will receive a percentage of all sales for the day, and raffle prizes will be awarded from 5 to 8 p.m. Items and gift certificates are needed for the raffles. In addition, during the month of April, when customers order the Arc on draft, 100 percent of the proceeds will benefit the Arc’s future Life Skills Development facility at its Neff Lake Road Campus in Brooksville. For raffle information, call Nancy Stubbs at (352) 544-2322, ext. 109. For event information, call (352) 606-2509.
Save the date
BACKYARD BLUES ‘N BREWS FESTIVAL: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the Hernando County Backyard Blues ‘n Brews Festival from 5 to 10 p.m. May 26 at the Lake House, 1202 Kenlake Ave., Spring Hill. The event will feature the region’s most outstanding blues bands and food trucks and beer in a fun atmosphere. Tickets are $20 for adults, $10 for children ages 12 and younger. Vendors, sponsors are needed. For information, visit hernandochamber.com.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 27, Land O’ Lakes Branch Library, 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O’Lakes.
• Financing Opportunities with the Small Business Administration, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 28, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Learn How to Start a New Business Successfully, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 3, Centennial Park Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 5, SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey.
• Learn How to Start a New Business Successfully, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 10, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• How to Use the Internet in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 11, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 11, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
To register or to get more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. March 23, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking: 7 a.m. March 26 , Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Free for chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 26, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. March 27, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• Keep It Local-Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. March 28, Spring Hill Diner, 3426 Deltona Blvd., Spring Hill. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef?‘O’?Brady’s, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. March 29, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Call (352) 848-1438.