Fire at old Miami Herald building was mischief’
MIAMI - Miami Herald employees say a small fire at their former downtown building was likely started by youths. The newspaper reported on its website Saturday (http://hrld.us/18GNb3A ) that some youths managed to get into the empty building and set off the fire for “mischief.” Fire inspectors and building guards at the scene said wooden pallets were set on fire on the third floor, but the smoke set off the sprinkler system. No damages or injuries were reported. Herald Director of Operations Gus Perez said street-type graffiti was found near where the fire started. The Herald had occupied the building since 1963. Operations were moved to Doral last month. The Malaysia-based Genting Group bought the Herald's downtown property from the newspaper's parent company, McClatchy Co., in 2011 for $236 million.
ICE arrested a wanted man driving his pregnant wife to give birth. She drove herself to the hospital.