tbo: Tampa Bay Online.
Tuesday, Apr 24, 2018
  • Home
Tampa Bay Weather

Forecast: Above average temperatures in Tampa area

As if summertime in Florida wasn't hot enough, it should be extra steamy today in the Tampa Bay area. Expect above-average temperatures this afternoon on top of high humidity, which could bring the heat index near 100 degrees, according to News Channel 8 meteorologist Leigh Spann. The heat index measures a "feels-like" effect of humidity and temperature. Actual highs will be above average, mostly in the low 90s. Lows will be in the mid- to high 70s.
There will again be pockets of late-afternoon thunderstorms, generally drifting from the east across Florida toward the Gulf of Mexico, Spann said. There is a 40 percent chance of rain today in the region. Those chances should increase to 60 percent by Thursday, as the remnants of Tropical Storm Dorian move west toward Florida, according to the National Weather Service. The remnants should remain offshore, but the system could bring some heavy rain to the state.
Weather Center