Tuition waivers for classes at Hillsborough Community College SouthShore are available for seniors 60 and older who have resided in the state for 12 consecutive months prior to the first day of class, which is tomorrow.
Registration will be from 8 a.m. to noon, Thursday and Friday in Room 202. The fee waiver program to audit without paying registration, application or related fees, requires that the following conditions are met:
• Go to http://hccfl.edu/searchsections/index.asp.
• Once on the website, select search sections on the left side of the page
• In the term box, be sure to type 14/FA.
• Under location, select SouthShore Campus in the drop-down box, and then click search to find a class that has space availability.
Two of the following proofs of identification are required to register:
• Valid Florida drivers license showing one year Florida residence
• Florida Voters Registration card showing one year Florida residence
• Car registration
• Proof of purchase of a home or mortgage.
Prospective students wanting the waiver must complete an HCC application for admissions; complete a registration form; present these forms to the campus admissions, registration and records office; show proof of age to the registration clerk, who will then sign the fee waiver form and provide a copy of the student’s class schedule. The signed fee waiver form must then be given to the campus bursar who will complete the process and provide the student with a paid receipt.
Registration for any class is based on space availability the first day of class. The class must have at least 15 paid, registered students for a senior to be allowed to audit it. No credit is given for audited classes. The fee waiver does not include the cost of textbooks.
The HCC SouthShore campus is at 551 24th Street NE, Ruskin, across from Lennard High School. For additional information, call Peggy Gleason at (813) 259-6157.