1. Newsome (7-1) – The Wolves have gone undefeated since losing in penalty kicks in the Wharton Tournament to start the season. Newsome topped Steinbrenner, Riverview, Strawberry Crest and Bloomingdale in its last four matches.
2. Steinbrenner (5-1-1) – The Warriors dropped a tough 2-1 match to Newsome only to be pushed to a draw against Plant, but Steinbrenner has picked up two big wins against district opponents Palm Harbor and Countryside.
3. Jesuit (5-1-2) – The Tigers had earned four straight wins before playing Jefferson to a 1-1 draw Tuesday. Jesuit leads Class 3A-District 9 with a 3-0-1 record with a big test upcoming in Tuesday’s match against Robinson.
4. Brandon (6-0) – The Eagles remain undefeated, but have only one win – an 8-0 victory against Blake – in the last two weeks. Brandon takes on Tampa Bay Tech and King next week.
5. Lennard (5-1-1) – The Longhorns played to a 1-1 draw against Hillsborough on Tuesday, but have wins against King, Armwood and Bloomingdale on the year.
1. Newsome (10-0) – The Wolves have been on a break since topping Bloomingdale, 4-0 on Nov. 20, but remain undefeated with wins against Plant, Steinbrenner and Plant City this season.
2. Plant City (8-1) – The Raiders haven’t been challenged much since dropping a tough 1-0 match to Newsome, as PC has cruised to four straight 10-plus goal wins.
3. Steinbrenner (7-2) – The Warriors have dropped games to Newsome and Palm Harbor – both still undefeated – but are playing sound soccer with wins against Plant, Northeast and Countryside.
4. Academy of the Holy Names (10-0) – The young Jaguars have been on a torrid pace this season and hit double-digit wins for only the second time in the last 10 years. AHN is on pace to crush last year’s 11-win mark and with only St. Petersburg Catholic left on the district schedule, the Jags look to be the top seed in Class 2A-District 9.
5. Plant (5-3-2) – The Panthers have had a few stumbles this season, but have quality wins against Sickles, East Bay and Berkeley Prep.