(Records, stats through Wednesday)
1. Mitchell (14-1): The Mustangs picked up quality wins against Brooksville Nature Coast (52-47) and Land O’ Lakes (71-38) in their past two games.
2. Wesley Chapel (13-2): Coach Doug Greseth’s group has been impressive behind leading scorers Carson Emery (14.1 ppg) and Marcus Hayne (13.8 ppg).
3. Land O’ Lakes (9-7): After winning five games in a row, the Gators have lost four straight.
4. Hudson (9-7): The Cobras lost four in a row before picking up back-to-back wins against Ridgewood and Sunlake.
5. Gulf (8-7): The Buccaneers looked like a legitimate postseason contender in a 66-47 victory against River Ridge on Tuesday.
1. Wiregrass Ranch (17-2): Though the Bulls lost 61-44 to Freedom on Wednesday night, they still have the most wins in Pasco County and finish with the No. 1 seed in Class 7A-District 8.
2. Gulf (15-2): The Buccaneers lost to Wiregrass at the Academy of the Holy Names tournament, but have rebounded to pick up victories against Academy at the Lakes (34-32) and River Ridge (58-40).
3. Academy at the Lakes (9-3): The Wildcats have lost three games to Jefferson, Academy of the Holy Names and Gulf, but look to bounce back vs. the Tampa Bay HEAT tonight.
4. Land O’ Lakes (14-2): The Gators are winners of six in a row and finish the season with games against River Ridge, Wiregrass Ranch and Mitchell.
5. River Ridge (13-4): The Royal Knights have five games left in the regular season: Fivay, Wiregrass Ranch, Land O’ Lakes, Wesley Chapel and Zephyrhills.