Ira Kaufman’s AP Pro32 ballot
Rk. Team Comments
1. San Francisco The NFL’s most physical team should be playing at the Meadowlands in February.
2. Seattle They figure to battle the 49ers all season in the rugged NFC West.
3. Denver Von Miller may have cost the Broncos a game or two with his poor judgment.
4. Atlanta A nightmare for opposing defenses, especially on turf.
5. Green Bay If they can survive a treacherous early schedule, look out.
6. New England The NFL has never witnessed a coach/QB combo like Belichick & Brady.
7. Houston Merely making the playoffs isn’t good enough anymore for this talented bunch.
8. Cincinnati The AFC North appears to be theirs for the taking.
9. Indianapolis A relatively soft September slate could bolster Andrew Luck’s confidence.
10. Washington The NFL’s No. 1 rushing attack might be even stronger.
11. N.Y. Giants Tom Coughlin’s crew has a knack for rebounding from an off year.
12. New Orleans Sean Payton is back, but so is the league’s most porous defense.
13. Dallas Let’s see how Monte Kiffin’s Tampa 2 plays in Big D.
14. Pittsburgh Lots of pressure on Ben Roethlisberger, even before the first snap.
15. Baltimore Don’t sleep on stellar GM Ozzie Newsome and his prideful roster.
16. Minnesota Adrian Peterson is taking dead aim at the NFL rushing record.
17. Chicago Bears still have to prove they can beat the Packers.
18. Tampa Bay Lots of talent, yet riddled with some major question marks.
19. Miami Should be improved, but still not in New England’s class.
20. Kansas City Could challenge for a playoff spot if Alex Smith remains upright.
21. St. Louis Stuck in a tough division, but the needle is pointing up.
22. Carolina Needs a few more weapons to complement a solid defense.
23. San Diego It’s all about protecting QB Philip Rivers.
24. Detroit These frauds haven’t won a playoff game since the Clinton administration.
25. Arizona Carson Palmer still has the arm strength to find Larry Fitzgerald.
26. Philadelphia Chip Kelly to the rescue.
27. Cleveland How can you be so boring for so long?
28. Tennessee Gregg Williams needs to inject some swagger into this defense.
29. Buffalo New coach Doug Marrone can set the tone in Week 1 against the Pats.
30. Jacksonville The Jags are 10-30 on the road the past five seasons.
31. Oakland Coach Dennis Allen is already on the clock.
32. N.Y. Jets Entertaining only when Rex Ryan bellies up to the podium.