Each week, 12 media members - including the Tribune’s Ira Kaufman - rank teams in what is known as the Associated Press Pro32 Power rankings. Here is Kaufman’s ballot.
1. San Francisco — The acquisition of Anquan Boldin already looks like a masterstroke.
2. Seattle — Bring your earplugs Sunday night, Mr. Kaepernick.
3. Denver — When the Manning boys meet, it’s all business.
4. New England —Eager to bring the Jets back down to Earth.
5. Atlanta —Needed one more play to overcome the Saints.
6. Green Bay — This defense is seeing Colin Kaepernick in its sleep.
7. Houston — Never stopped grinding against Chargers and it paid off.
8. New Orleans — A new-look defense limited Atlanta to 17 points.
9. Dallas — Speaking of new-look defenses ...
10. Chicago — That was a big-time comeback against the Bengals.
11. Cincinnati — Should take out their frustrations on Pittsburgh on Monday night.
12. Indianapolis — This defense needs more play-makers.
13. Kansas City — The Andy Reid era is off to quite a start.
14. Philadelphia —It didn’t take long for Chip Kelly to show he belongs.
15. Washington — RGIII looked predictably rusty. What’s the defense’s excuse?
16. N.Y. Giants — David Wilson is buried in Tom Coughlin’s doghouse.
17. Baltimore — Brandon Weeden is no Peyton Manning.
18. Detroit — Reggie Bush is already paying dividends.
19. Miami — Don’t underestimate Ryan Tannehill’s potential.
20. St. Louis — Big test for a young defense at the Georgia Dome.
21. Carolina — Panthers defense should smother the Bills.
22. Minnesota — Good luck covering Brandon Marshall.
23. San Diego — Dazed defense has little time to recover.
24. Tennessee — They’ll bring a pass rush to Reliant Stadium.
25. Tampa Bay — Doug Martin has a big fat target on his back.
26. Arizona — Larry Fitzgerald is liking this Carson Palmer guy.
27. Pittsburgh — Things couldn’t have gone much worse in Week 1.
28. Cleveland — Same boring offense, same disappointing result.
29. Buffalo — Couldn’t hold on against the Pats. We’ve seen it before.
30. N.Y. Jets — Geno Smith took some big hits and never blinked.
31. Oakland — How are they going to sell out against the Jags?
32. Jacksonville —Maurice Jones-Drew has every right to feel abandoned.