TAMPA – Many churches, organizations and communities sponsors craft and vendor fairs during the fall.
They can provide a unique shopping experience and a chance to get into the holiday mood with home decor, jewelry, gift food baskets and other items. Some have breakfast or lunch available.
Here are just a few of the events coming up. All, except the Junior League of Tampa, have free admission. All charge for food and drinks.
• Oct. 19: Holiday Bazaar, sponsored by Forest Hills Presbyterian Church, 709 W. Linebaugh Ave., 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. with breakfast starting at 8 a.m. and lunch at 11:30 a.m.
• Oct. 26: Holiday Bazaar, sponsored by Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 3712 El Prado Blvd. , 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. For vendor information, call Pamela Borgstede at (727) 871-3757
• Oct. 26-27: 24th Hyde Park Village Art Fair, Hyde Park Village in South Tampa, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.
• Nov. 2: Craft fair with yard sale, sponsored by Salvation Army Worship Center, 1100 W. Sligh Ave., 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. A free community outreach festival and cookout follows from 4 to 6 p.m. and a Christian concert at the Lowry Park Band shell starts at 7 p.m.
• Nov. 2: 23rd annual Arts and Crafts Festival, sponsored by Manhattan Avenue United Methodist Church, 4511 S. Manhattan Ave., 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Vendor information or salad luncheon for $7 with pre-order by calling (813) 837-9191 or email to [email protected]
• Nov. 8-10: Junior League of Tampa Holiday Market, Florida State Fairgrounds Expo Hall, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 8-9, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 10. Tickets are $8 in advance at www.boxofficetickets.com/JLT. Parking is $6.
• Nov. 9: Holiday Market, sponsored by Tampa Garden Club, 2629 Bayshore Blvd., 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Nov. 9: Annual Holiday Boutique, sponsored by St. Timothy’s Catholic Church, 17512 Lakeshore Road, Lutz, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. For information, call (813) 920-9828.
• Nov. 9-10: The 40th Annual Temple Terrace Arts Festival, Riverhills Park, 405 S. Riverhills Drive, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day.
•Dec. 2: The Temple Terrace Junior Woman’s Club Holiday Open House, Omar K. Lightfoot Recreation Center, 10901 N. 56th St., from 5 to 9 p.m.
• Dec. 6-7: Tampa’s Christmas Market (in conjunction with tree-lighting ceremony), Curtis Hixon Park, downtown, 5 to 9 p.m. Dec. 6 and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 7. Vendor information, call (813) 966-5505.
• Dec. 7-8: 34th annual Lutz Arts and Crafts Festival, sponsored by Lutz Land O’Lakes Women’s Club, Lake Park, 17302 N. Dale Mabry Highway, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 7 and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 8. County collects a $2 per car charge.
• Dec. 14: Art in the Park, Ybor City Saturday Market at Centennial Park on Eighth Avenue at 19th Street, Ybor City, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. More than 25 artists, live entertainment and food.