TBO.com: Tampa Bay Online.
Thursday, May 26, 2016
  • Home
South Shore News

Officials: Smoldering cigarettes caused Gibsonton house fire

Smoldering cigarettes in a bucket on the patio is being cited as the cause of a Wednesday night fire at a Gibsonton home.

Firefighters, responding just before midnight to 12631 Lake Vista Drive, found smoke and flames coming from the back of the home.

The residents were not home, officials say, and no injuries were reported.

The residents declined American Red Cross assistance, officials say.