Plant City Courier
Then and now: First United Methodist Church of Plant City, 1925 and 2013
The First United Methodist Church of Plant City was first organized as a church outside of town, near Knights Station in 1885. It moved to its current location in Plant City at Reynolds and Wheeler streets where a new church building went up in 1924. This photograph was taken in 1925. The church purchased the former SunTrust bank to its south in 2000 and added a worship center, Sunday school classes and offices. It currently has 700-800 active members and is one of the largest churches in the city.