A tree service worker died Saturday when he was electrocuted as he came in contact with a power line while on the job in St. Petersburg.
About 12:27 p.m., St. Petersburg Fire and Rescue responded to 247 23rd Ave. S.E., to check a report that a man had been electrocuted.
Crews found an unconscious employee of a tree service hanging in a tree by his safety harness, about 40 feet above the ground.
The fire crew freed the man, who was in cardiac arrest and started CPR, according to Fire Rescue.
The man was taken to Bayfront Medical Center where he was pronounced deceased.
The man’s identity has not yet been released. He was believed to be about 50 years old.
Police are investigating.