Then & Now: Lindsley Lumber, 1964 and 2013
In February 1964, Lindsley Lumber opened is 37th retail lumber store at 9340 N. Florida Ave., directly across from the mall that is now Floriland Office Center. The building is now a shopping center, where tenants include Papa John's Pizza, Liberty Tax, Direct Auto Insurance and Jesus People Family Worship Center. An additional 8,000 square feet is vacant and available for lease. Founded in Miami in 1938 by three brothers, Lindsley Lumber is credited with launching the do-it-yourself movement in the building supply business. The business had 29 stores in South and Central Florida when the brothers sold it in 1962. The new owners filed for reorganization in 1985 and began closing some stores, but their business never recovered.
Retrial of former Jabil executive facing death penalty can move forward, Florida Supreme Court rules