Romney: Early U.S. response to Mideast attacks a disgrace
WASHINGTON — Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney is criticizing the Obama administration in the wake of attacks on U.S. diplomatic missions in Egypt and Libya. The assaults were linked to a video protesters say attacks Islam's prophet Muhammad. In a statement Tuesday night, Romney says he's outraged by the attacks. But he calls it "disgraceful" that the Obama administration's first reaction wasn't to condemn the Tuesday attacks but, in Romney's words, "to sympathize with those who waged the attacks." Earlier in the day, the U.S. Embassy in Cairo issued a statement condemning what it called "continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims," an apparent reference to the video.Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton later condemned the attack in Libya and said such acts are never justified.
The Daystarter: Freeze watch is in effect; accused Seminole Heights killer in court today; examining Tampa Bay’s grad rates; local crabber’s ‘lucky’ life