AUBURNDALE – Authorities say a central Florida woman is dead after being burned in a fireworks accident.
Auburndale police report 49-year-old Kathryn Flint died Saturday.
According to WFLA-TV, Flint was hosting a family get-together for the Fourth of July and had fireworks stored in her bedroom for the celebration.
She went into her bedroom to retrieve the fireworks when one went off. That in turn sparked a fire that spread throughout the house and set off other fireworks.
Flint’s son pulled her out of the house through a window.
She was flown by helicopter to Orlando Regional Medical Center with severe burns. Her son was also hospitalized.