• May 17-20: High school graduations
• May 25: Last day of school for students
• School Safety Town Hall Meetings will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. May 2 at River Ridge Middle/High, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey and 6 to 8 p.m. May 7 at Wiregrass Ranch High, 2909 Mansfield Blvd., Wesley Chapel. These meetings are designed to discuss options and get input from the community concerning Senate Bill 7026 ("Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act"). District staff and the Pasco Sheriff’s Office will present safety efforts, what the new law requires, funding challenges and options for complying with SB 7026. A question and answer period will follow the presentation. Local law enforcement, community mental health partners, legislators and other elected officials have been invited to attend.
• Pasco County Schools kindergarten pre-registration for children who turn 5 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2018, is May 7, at all Pasco County elementary schools. Those interested should contact the school in their area for details about orientation activities and times. Kindergarten pre-registration requires documentation: child’s birth certificate or other proof of birth date; health examination – HRS Form 3040; three official documents proving residency, such as a current utility bill (i.e. electric, water, etc.); lease agreement, deed or property tax assessment; and one additional document supporting stated address, such as a current auto registration, driver’s license or voter registration card. For information about kindergarten, call Danielle Varcardipone, at (727) 774-2404, (813) 794-2404, or (352) 524-2404.
• Head Start/Early Head Start applications are available at the following elementary schools: Anclote, Centennial, Chasco, Rodney B. Cox, Fox Hollow, Dr. Mary Giella, Gulf Highlands, Gulf Trace, Hudson, Lacoochee, Mittye P. Locke, James M. Marlowe, Moon Lake, New River, Northwest, Pasco, Pine View, Quail Hollow, Richey, Chester W. Taylor, West Zephyrhills, Woodland. Expectant mothers, infants, toddlers and children through age 5 that meet income eligibility requirements may apply for Head Start or Early Head Start. Completing an application does not guarantee a child’s eligibility for services. Several documents are required documents. For more information, visit the website at www.pascoschools.org/ECP, or call Alexis Russell (727) 774-2730, (813) 794-2730, (352) 524-2730.
• Gulf High School in New Port Richey, is offering the Academy of Early Childhood Education to students interested in earning childcare industry certification.
Students will learn childcare rules and regulations, principles of child development, trends and issues in early childhood education, classroom management techniques and become familiar with an array of learning environments. Students also will partner with local daycare providers and the district’s voluntary pre-kindergarten programs, and earn certifications upon academy completion. For more information, call (727) 774-3300 or go to ghs.pasco.k12.fl.us.
Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey. (727) 774-7382.
• River Ridge High presents Oliver at 7 p.m. April 27-28 and 2 p.m. April 29. Tickets are $10 for adults; $7 students (18 & under). Reserved seats are available to purchase for $10 before the day of the show by calling (727) 774-7176.
• Deer Park Elementary concert, 7 p.m. May 1.
• Calusa Elementary concert, 7 p.m. May 2.
• Mitchell High band concert, 7 p.m. May 3.
• The center’s Learn it Live! Educational series present The Ugly Duckling, at 11 a.m. May 5, and 10:30 a.m. and noon May 7-8. Grades K-5. $5.
• Hudson High band concert, 2 p.m. May 6.
Center for the Arts at Wesley Chapel, 30651 Wells Road, Wesley Chapel. (813) 794-8772
• Cypress Creek High band concert, 6:30 p.m. April 30.
• Cypress Middle band concert, 6:30 p.m. May 1.
• Wiregrass Ranch High choral concert, May 2.
• Wesley Chapel High dance performance, 7 p.m. May 3-4 and 12 noon and 7 p.m. May 5.
Send your school news to Michele Miller at [email protected]