About 200 people had their Mother's Day dinners interrupted Sunday night after a fire broke out a popular Brandon restaurant.
Hillsborough County firefighters responded to the blaze about 8 p.m. at Bucca di Beppo, 11105 Causeway Blvd.
Smoke alarms went off, leading to the evacuation of about 220 customers and staff, said Ronnie Rivera, spokesman for Hillsborough County Fire Rescue.
The restaurant manager told firefighters he smelled and saw smoke coming from an office. A west-facing wall was hot to the touch, leading firefighters to cut a hole, revealing the flames.
The fire was put out in about 20 minutes.
"We came outside and the building was catching fire from the side and smoke was coming from the roof," Raquel Burt, a customer, told News Channel 8. "It was really scary."
No one was injured, Rivera said.
Although still under investigation, the fire is believed to be accidental, Rivera said.