NATIONAL SMALL BUSINESS WEEK: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce invites the community to celebrate National Small Business Week from April 29 to May 5. The week-long event is dedicated to strengthening the community by supporting local small business. Local merchants will offer special deals and coupons to celebrate the week of support. Help make a big impact by shopping small. While shopping at your favorite small business, take a selfie with the staff and post your photos with the tag #SmallBusinessHernando and #HernandoChamber.
RESTAURANT TO COLLECT DONATIONS FOR MAKE-A-WISH: Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar locations, including 20090 Cortez Blvd. in Brooksville, and 4651 Commercial Way and 10601 County Line Road in Spring Hill, are participating in a fundraiser to support Make-A-Wish Northern Florida and Make-A-Wish Central Florida. Customers will have an opportunity to make a donation during the campaign which ends April 22. Those who make a $5 or larger donation will receive a Make-A-Wish offer card, loaded with three Applebee’s coupons, redeemable for $20 in savings. In addition, donating guests will be recognized with a Make-A-Wish paper star, displayed in the restaurant.
DOCTOR AND SENIOR MANAGEMENT TEAM PUBLISH BOOK: Dr. Pariksith Singh, Access Health Care Physicians founder and CEO, has collaborated with his senior management team to publish Health Care Compliance A Guide for Practitioners by Practitioners. The book offers a guide on how to efficiently manage ever-changing regulations.
HOSPITAL APPOINTS CEO: Michael Irvin was appointed chief executive officer at Bayfront Health Spring Hill, effective May 8. Previously, Irvin was chief operating officer of Merit Health Wesley in Mississippi. Irvin holds a bachelor’s degree in general business studies and a master’s degree in business administration from Webber International University.
CHAMBER RIBBON-CUTTING: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have a ribbon-cutting ceremony for Crypto Consultants at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville, at noon April 24. Call Travis Morehead, (727) 271-2333.
BUSINESS CONTINUITY PLANNING LUNCH & LEARN: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, in association with Florida Small Business Development Council at USF and Hernando County Emergency Management, will present a business resource workshop from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 20 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. The free event will provide tools and resources to assure you have a disaster plan in place. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com.
CHAMBER TRAINING COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce Training Committee will meet at 8 a.m. April 24 at the chamber office, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. For information, call (352) 796-0697 or visit hernandochamber.com.
CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP MEETING: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly membership meeting at 7:15 a.m. April 25 at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, south of Brooksville. The breakfast will be sponsored by NAMI Hernando’s Beautiful Mind Center. The guest speaker will be Carolyn Jones, Ph.D., PsychU. The prepayment cost with breakfast is $15 online; $20 at the door. To RSVP, visit hernandochamber.com/events. For information, call (352) 796-0697.
STUDENT RECOGNITION BANQUET: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce and its foundation, Chamber Education Training Association, will host the 44th annual Student Recognition Banquet from 5:30 to 9 p.m. April 26 at Heritage Pines clubhouse, 11524 Scenic Hills Blvd., Hudson. The keynote speaker will be Kevin Carroll, Hernando County Fire deputy chief, and Steve Schurdell will serve as master of ceremonies. Sponsorship available from $300 to $2,500. Scholarship opportunities available from $500 to $1,500. For information, visit hernandochamber.com/pages/student-recognition-banquet.
TAP FOR A CAUSE BENEFITS ARC NATURE COAST: Marker 48 Brewing, 12147 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill, will have a Tap for a Cause fundraiser from 4 to 8 p.m. April 28 to benefit the Arc Nature Coast. During the event, the Arc will receive a percentage of all sales for the day, and raffle prizes will be awarded from 5 to 8 p.m. Items and gift certificates are needed for the raffles.
In addition, during the month of April, when customers order the Arc on draft, 100 percent of the proceeds will benefit the Arc’s future life skills development facility at its Neff Lake Road Campus in Brooksville. For raffle information, call Nancy Stubbs at (352) 544-2322, ext. 109. For event information, call (352) 606-2509.
Save the date
BACKYARD BLUES ‘N BREWS FESTIVAL: The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will host the Hernando County Backyard Blues ‘n Brews Festival from 5 to 10 p.m. May 26 at the Lake House, 1202 Kenlake Ave., Spring Hill. The event will feature the region’s most outstanding blues bands, food trucks and beer in a fun atmosphere. Tickets are $20 for adults, $10 for children ages 12 and younger. Vendors, sponsors are needed. For information, visit hernandochamber.com.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 26, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 1, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 9 to 9:45 a.m. May 8, Florida Department of Revenue, 2127 Grand Blvd., Suite 150, Holiday.
• Branding and Credibility through Digital Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 8, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Results Based Marketing for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 8, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St., New Port Richey.
• Learn How to Start a New Business Successfully, 5 to 6:45 p.m. May 8, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
To register or to get more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
• Nature Coast Business Professionals: 7:30 a.m. April 20, IHOP restaurant, 3660 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. Guests are welcome. Those attending may order from the menu. Call Dana Cutlip, (352) 293-4317.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking: 7 a.m. April 23, Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce, 15588 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville. Free for chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• Connect B2B (Business to Business) Networking, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 23, Country Kitchen, 20133 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Free for Chamber members, $5 for non-members. To register, visit hernandochamber.com or call (352) 796-0697.
• BNI Winning Edge: 7:15 a.m. April 24, Northcliffe Baptist Church, 10515 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill. The cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Dan Brown, (262) 676-2776.
• Keep It Local-Spring Hill/Brooksville Chapter: 7:45 a.m. April 25, Spring Hill Diner, 3426 Deltona Blvd., Spring Hill. Call Melanie Grossi, (352) 263-7749.
• Keep It Local — Hernando Business Professionals Chapter: 11:15 a.m., second, third and fourth Wednesday of each month, Beef?‘O’?Brady’s, 14387 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Lauren Jolly, (352) 610-3435.
• BNI Leaders by Design: 7:15 to 9:30 a.m. April 26, Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. No cost for first-time visitors. Call Chris Dyer, (352) 849-5353.
If you have business announcements you would like to share with our readers, mail the details to Jean Hamilton, Business Digest, Hernando Times, 15365 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34613-6174. You may also email items to [email protected] or fax them to (352) 754-6133. Call (352) 848-1438.