Local Breaking News
Rescue workers save dogs from Tampa home fire
TAMPA - Firefighters rescued two dogs from a home after putting out a kitchen fire Wednesday morning, Tampa Fire Rescue said. Firefighters were called at 9:45 a.m. to 8401 N.10th St. and found smoke in the home, the agency said. The fire was held to the kitchen and extinguished. No people were in the home, but rescue personnel located the pets inside. Emergency care, including the use of pet oxygen masks, was administered, Tampa Fire Rescue said. As of Wednesday afternoon, the dogs were alive. The accidental fire was traced to an unattended pot on the stove, Tampa Fire Rescue said.There were no reported injuries to humans.