Summer's winding down, but there's still time to find a scenic patch of shade and curl up with a good book to celebrate International Literacy Day.
The Florida State Park system can even help you out with that patch of shade by waiving park entrance fees on Sunday, Sept. 8.
Park admission fees are waived for anyone who presents a valid library card, a book checked out from the library or donates a new or used, family-friendly book at any state park.
In the Tampa Bay area, there are several park options including those with beaches. The only once locally that is excluded from the free offer is the Skyway Fishing Pier State Park:
* Alafia River State Park, 14326 South County Rd. 39, Lithia
* Honeymoon Island State Park, #1 Causeway Blvd., Dunedin
* Caladesi Island State Park, #1 Causeway Blvd., Dunedin
* Egmont Key, #1 Causeway Blvd., Dunedin
* Fort Foster State Historic Site, 15402 US 301 N., Thonotosassa
* Gamble Plantation Historic State Park, 3708 Patten Ave., Ellenton
* Highlands Hammock State Park, 5931 Hammock Rd., Sebring
* Hillsborough River State Park, 15402 U.S. 301 N., Thonotosassa
* Myakka River State Park, 13208 State Rd. 72, Sarasota
To see where all of Florida's state parks are located, visit http://www.floridastateparks.org/findapark/stateparksmap.cfm