CARROLLWOOD – Everyone has their New Year’s resolutions and, according to a recent study, most of them are broken by Jan. 8 – if not sooner.
Whole Foods Market in Carrollwood can’t guarantee resolutions will last until Spring Break, but it is doing what it can to help with workshops on a regular basis through the winter:
* Every Monday in January, Healthy Eating and Green Mission Specialist Nicole Sampson will arrange appointments and private store tours while she discusses your healthy eating goals. Meetings run from 5 – 7 p.m. For more, email [email protected]
* On Jan. 8, the store will host Health Starts Here Cooking Class: Whole Foods. The class will run from 6 – 7 p.m. and is free, with pre-registration required. It will start with a focus on whole foods and lessons will cover how to make quick and tasty veggie burgers that are unprocessed, as well as smoothies.
* Author Rip Esselstyn will meet guests on Jan. 15 from 6 – 7 p.m. Seating is limited and the meeting with the New York Times-bestselling author is filling up quickly.
* There will be a “Mom’s Morning Escape” conference on Jan. 21 from 9 – 11 a.m. Moms get free coffee, tea, and muffins, and then can enjoy a 5-minute chair massage. Check in at the customer service desk for a voucher.
* On Jan. 12, the neighboring Chi Yoga facility will host a basic yoga experience that can increase flexibility, relieve tension, and help strengthen a mind-body connection. Free green smoothies and a snack will be provided.
* Kids eat free every Wednesday. For each adult who dines at the store’s salad/hot bar, children will receive up to a half-pound of free food.
For more on all these events at Whole Foods, call (813)264-3600. The store is located at 3802 Northdale Blvd.