Then and Now: Brandon High School 1959 and 2013
In response to a growing need, Brandon got its first high school in 1917 and had its first graduating class of four students in 1923. It was the center of social activity for the entire area. In 1930, E.F. "Mac" McCLane became principal of Brandon School, which served grades 1-12, a position he retained for nearly 34 years. He was there when Brandon School transition into Brandon High in 1954. By 1962, it served high school only. Today's campus opened in 1972 and now serves 1,918 students.
Top 5 at noon: Parents of area cheerleader urge others to learn from her death by heroin overdose; former SEAL blasts Trump decision banning transgender people from serving in U.S. military; and more