Officials: Natural gas line accidently cut in Brandon
A natural gas leak was clamped shut Friday morning shortly after construction workers accidently cut the line near a Brandon home, officials said. No one was injured or evacuated after the leak was reported about 9:30 a.m. at 1702 Cottage Forrest Court, Hillsborough County Fire Rescue said. Upon arrival, Fire Rescue personnel protected the area with fire hoses until a hazardous materials crew clamped the leak. Workers with Tampa Electric Co. finished securing the gas line, officials said.
The Daystarter: ‘Star Wars’ debuts tonight; a carpet heir and 22-year-old’s death; it could be Trading Day for Longoria, Rays; new parking garage for St. Petersburg?