- Two years ago, Hillsborough County commissioners approved a $250,000 incentive package for “The Infiltrator,” a motion picture portrayal of Tampa resident Robert Mazur’s role in bringing down a Colombia...
- Hillsborough County’s Public Transportation Commission Chairman Victor Crist says cab companies are trying to preserve their monopoly in the county by barring ride-booking companies. His solution: End the PTC’...
- A day after county commissioners voted against putting the Go Hillsborough tax on the November ballot, supporters and opponents vowed to continue fighting for safer, less-congested roads. But there are stark differences on ...
- A three-hour hearing ended in disappointment for transit advocates as the panel voted against placing a 30- and 20-year tax on the Nov. 8 ballot, leaving the county’s transportation future in limbo.
New fees adopted Tuesday by Hillsborough County commissioners seemed acceptable to many developers while ensuring a guaranteed new source of money for transportation projects.
The chairman of Hillsborough County’s Public Transportation Commission said he’s ready to make concessions that will allow ride-share companies Uber and Lyft to operate here much like they do in other U.S...
- Whatever other issues voters might have with a proposed half-cent sales tax for transportation, Hillsborough County administrators are taking steps to assure them that its billions of dollars in proceeds would spent in line...
- The Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce now officially supports the half-cent-per-dollar tax that would finance the Go Hillsborough community transportation plan, a list of more than 400 road, bridge, trail and mass transit p...
- Hillsborough commissioners remain split on whether to put a half-cent sales tax on the Nov. 8 ballot, but there was no division when they approved more than 400 transportation projects that would be financed by the tax incr...
- Pending approval by the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority and Hillsborough Community College, the county and state will pay two-thirds of the costs of the renovations, which will include new seats, a roof, and improvem...
The Museum of Science and Industry will leave its decades-old home in north Tampa for what the museum’s board members hope will be a brighter, more profitable future downtown.
- One Tampa businessman says liberal Democrats, not conservatives, will play a leading role in killing the Go Hillsborough transportation tax at the voting booth.
- Narain has quickly gained respect in the state House but faces a tough race in the newly configured District 19 against veteran Democratic Rep. Darryl Rouson of St. Petersburg and former Rep. Betty Reed of Tampa.
TAMPA — On any number of occasions, Hillsborough County commissioners have proclaimed that developers need to start paying their fair share for new roads to service their new commercial and residential projects.
- A new poll indicates a majority of Hillsborough County voters would support a half-cent-per-dollar sales tax increase for transportation improvements if a vote were held today.
- Groups that work with Hispanics say high numbers of legal residents are working to become citizens so they can vote against Donald Trump.
A poll released Thursday by the Greater Tampa Area Chamber of Commerce says as many as 54 percent of respondents would support a half-cent sales tax increase for transportation improvements.
TAMPA — Local politicians and school officials got a close look Thursday at Hillsborough County’s efforts to train students for careers in manufacturing.
- County Administrator Mike Merrill says the proposed half-cent tax has been discussed thoroughly and the board has enough information to make a decision. He proposed an April 27 hearing, and no commissioners objected.
TAMPA — Advocates for people with disabilities got lots of promises but not much action Wednesday when they asked Hillsborough commissioners for help in reducing illegal parking in handicap spaces.
TAMPA — Hillsborough County Administrator Mike Merrill is expected to make the case once again for putting a half-cent-per-dollar sales tax on the ballot Nov. 8 to fund $3.5 billion i...
- If you’ve ever been in a hurry and thought — just once — you would park illegally in a handicap parking space, you might want to think again. Local advocates for people with disabilities will ask Hillsboro...
More than 30 people in Hillsborough County have announced their candidacies for local offices such as county commission, school board, sheriff and clerk of court.