- Former Oklahoma LB Eric Striker, of Armwood High, is the first student to win the school’s prestigious Otis Sullivant Award because of his stance in helping to diffuse a high-profile racial incident on campus in 2015.
TAMPA — For the second time in three years, Lightning G Ben Bishop will head to Las Vegas in search for some hardware.
- Anton Stralman, who hasn’t played since suffering a fractured fibula late in the regular season, was not available for Game 1.
TAMPA – The College Football Playoff championship game is coming to Tampa’s Raymond James Stadium and, although kickoff is 257 days away, the drumbeat began Tuesday afternoon.
TAMPA — Forty years ago — before the league staged a combine, before around-the-clock analysis, even before the birth of ESPN — the expansion Tampa Bay Buccaneers rather...
TAMPA — Lee Roy Selmon’s widow, Claybra, has released a book — “A Life That Shined: Lee Roy Selmon.”
TAMPA — Legal problems have continued for former Jefferson High football player Deiondre Porter, the Tampa Tribune’s Male Athlete of the Year in 2014.
TAMPA — The University of South Florida’s top three quarterbacks — Quinton Flowers, Asiantii Woulard and Brett Kean — each threw touchdown passes. The defense col...
- USF coach Willie Taggart expects Saturday’s Green and White spring game — held at the on-campus Corbett Stadium — to be an excellent dress rehearsal for fall camp, when jobs will be on the line.
- A multi-faceted education package signed by Gov. Rick Scott implements public-school choice statewide, allowing parents to enroll their child at any school. Athletes can transfer and become immediately eligible.
She dreamed of the moment as a child, while playing on the courts of tiny Folkston, Georgia. It emerged as a possibility as she matured into a high-school star. And as she earned All-American status at the University of ...
TAMPA — University of South Florida junior forward Chris Perry was dismissed from the men’s basketball program for a violation of team rules, the school announced Thursday.
- University of South Florida guard Courtney Williams is expected to be a first-round pick in tonight’s WNBA draft. Some projections have Williams being taken within the first five picks.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning have legions of rabid followers, but none quite like Adriana Giancursio, a true fan of the century. She’s 100 years young.
TAMPA — The University of South Florida will make available approximately 7,200 single-game tickets in the upper level of Raymond James Stadium for its hotly anticipated Sept. 24 foot...
- When sizing up the Lightning’s chances in the NHL playoffs, which begin Wednesday night against the Detroit Red Wings in Game 1 at Amalie Arena, It all points to 6-foot-7 goaltender Ben Bishop as the key.
- There’s finally a universally accepted answer to an often-confusing question: How do you refer to the University of North Dakota’s program? Answer: National champions.
TAMPA — The Quinnipiac Bobcats and North Dakota Fighting Hawks, who meet tonight at Amalie Arena in the NCAA Frozen Four’s championship game, seemingly have very little in comm...
- Paced by a pair of quick-strike goals to open the first period, Quinnipiac quashed the hopes of Boston College 3-2 in the Frozen Four semifinals at Amalie Arena. In Saturday’s final, the Bobcats will face North Dakot...
- Danny Cooper greeted his green-clad people — University of North Dakota men’s hockey fans — from far and wide. It had the feel of a family reunion during open practices at the NCAA Frozen Four, where UND (...
- Quinnipiac (31-3-7) faces Boston College (28-7-5) in Thursday’s opening national semifinal. Coach Jerry York’s Eagles are making their 25th Frozen Four appearance and have five national championships, includin...
- Rays right-hander Chris Archer was doomed by a slow start in Sunday's 5-3 Opening Day loss against the Blue Jays at Tropicana Field.
TAMPA — University of South Florida senior guard Courtney Williams was named to the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association 10-member All-American team on Saturday in conjunction with events at the Women...
- Where has the time gone? When Shaun King was an NFL rookie, USF QB Quinton Flowers was in kindergarten. But after some Google searching, Flowers got up to speed on his new position coach, and came away impressed.
- USF sophomore guard Roddy Peters, who played only 10 games last season due to a broken foot, has been dismissed from the men’s basketball program.