Drivers stand in front of a fleet of Model T Ford “C” cab trucks parked neatly in a row in front of the Odorless Dry Cleaning Company in the 1926 “then” photo. The company’s slogan was “We Specialize in Good Dry Cleaning and Removing the Odor,” and it boasted that its trucks would call anywhere in the city. The company may have fallen victim to the Great Depression, as it was not listed in the 1930 Polk’s Tampa City Directory.
The 3,840-square-foot building still stands at 106 N. Albany Ave. and is listed for $650,000 at Trulia.com. According to records, it was last occupied by a women’s clothing manufacturer in 2011.
Greg S. Carr